Job description: VP Business Development.
Type: 20% – 50%.
Location: Innolab Agrifood, Groningen, The Netherlands.
About the role
At Cortalix, The VP Business Development is responsible for managing and developing Cortalix’s business development towards strategic contacts with major pharmaceutical companies as well as investors with the ultimate goal to add substantial value to Cortalix.
Your primary duty is to secure sufficient funding to ensure the required growth of the business. You have shown in a previous position that you master this responsibility and that you have sufficient creativity to do so successfully.
The VP Business Development directly reports to the Chief Executive Officer but works collaboratively with Cortalix’s Research & Innovation, Preclinical and Clinical teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in the radiopharmaceutical landscape and understanding the BD requirements of a small pharma-biotech company.
What we expect
- You keep preferably a PhD in an academic field ensuring a thorough understanding of our background technology and of the potential of the BD opportunities.
- You enjoy networking and have demonstrated ability to create and build relationships with internal and external parties.
- You are well connected to the global biotech and pharmaceuticals industry. Background in fibrosis, imaging diagnostics, radiopharmaceuticals, single domain antibody development as well as services in that area, will be highly appreciated.
- You have a proven track-record in attracting substantial funding rounds for start-up pharma-biotech companies.
- You are a results-oriented team player, with a pro-active, hands-on and solution-oriented attitude.
- Have the ability to work successfully in a small organization.
- You have good reporting and presenting skills (internally/externally).
- You have the ability to work successfully in a small organization.
What we offer
You will be part of a small and enthusiastic team in an inspiring environment for startup companies. When the results of our early development programs are good, we aim to become a fast-growing and great company with room for personal growth. The remuneration will be individually tailored and will in any case consist of equity in the company.
Please send a cover letter, your resume and supporting documents, referring to the position you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency support is not appreciated for this role and submissions will not be considered.